Fuchs Garden is located close to the Kazanka River on a stiff slope on its left bank. It is a great viewing point that gives an opportunity to overlook the opposite bank.
Fuchs Garden was officially founded on May 11, 1896 to perpetuate the memory of the famous Kazan scientist, physician, historian, archaeologist, and ethnographer Karl Fedorovich Fuchs. Rare species of trees and shrubs were planted on the territory. In 1996, the garden was landscaped and the K. Fuchs Memorial was formed.
At the moment, restoration of the shore land, with a total area of 122,000 square meters, is taking place at the Memorial’s foot, and this provides a change of the square slope landscape composition. A parking lot is to be built here with 2,500 parking spaces, a concert hall, as well as a spacious arrangement for cafes, restaurants, and retail facilities.
Bus: Take number 10, 10а, 22, 28, 30, 35, 35а, 54, 63, 83, 89, 91, or 98 to the Ploshchad Svobody (Freedom Square) stop, or to the Ulitsa Pushkina (Pushkin Street) stop
Trolleybus: Take number 2, 3, 5, 7, or 8 to the Ploshchad Svobody (Freedom Square) stop, or to the Ulitsa Pushkina (Pushkin Street) stop