Sightseeing

Dom Pechati

Based on the architect’s initial vision, the building resembles an open book: best seen when looking at it from the intersection of Bauman and Kavi Najmi Streets. A semicircular vertical ledge right in the middle divides the building in two. The passage down the middle will take you to the to Profsoyuznaya Street, which lies parallel to Bauman Street. During the Soviet era, the first floor of Dom Pechati (Press House) housed Tatizdat bookstores. Today, the building is occupied by Hotel Nogai and several restaurants.

Historical reference

"Dom Pechati" (The Press House) was built in 1934-1935 by architects Pan and Gustov. In the 1930s and until the mid-1970s, the TASSR Committee for Publishing, Printing and Book Trade, the Tatar Book Publishers, the Board of the Writers' Union of Tatarstan and the Tukay Writers' Club were located in this building. In early 1974, when the present building of "Idel-Press" was built on Dekabrystov Street, also known as the "Publishing House", some of the "Dom Pechati" organizations moved there.

Routes

Popular among tourists

Find out the cost of tickets to Kazan