Religion

Exaltation of the Holy Cross Catholic Parish

The light blue temple "Exaltation of the Holy Cross" is a Catholic church built in the style of classicism in 1999 at the intersection of Ostrovsky and Aidinova Streets.

Historical reference

The first stone Catholic church was built in 1855, and was consecrated on November 1, 1858, in honour of the holiday of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. In the 1920s the church was closed down, and the parish was dissolved. The building of the temple after the period of desolation was passed on to the laboratory of the Kazan State Technical University, and a wind tunnel was housed in the central nave of the former temple. Since it was difficult to transfer the wind tunnel, the Kazan Municipality allocated a site for the Kazan Catholics to build a new church at the intersection of Ostrovsky and Aidinov Streets.

Routes

Popular among tourists

Find out the cost of tickets to Kazan