The Nurulla Mosque, the first of its kind, marked the beginning of the spread of a new type of mosque which includes a minaret on the ground at the gable facade of a building. It was formerly called Sennaya, Yunusovskaya, and the Seventh Cathedral. It is located on the corner of Moscovskaya St and Paris Commune St. The mosque was built in 1849 on the former site of the Senny Bazaar, a shopping center in Kazan. It was built in an eclectic style of the national-romantic trend.
During the reconstruction of the mosque, a tapering minaret was set up on the hexagonal vestibule. It is finished with a low tier with some openings associated with merlons from medieval towers. The sun, peeping into the round, stained glass windows, drops colorful spots on the floor and the walls of the hall. The room for ablutions on the first floor is covered with marble and decorated with a working fountain with a carved bowl.
The mosque was built by the Yunusov brothers according to the will of their father, who was a merchant in the first guild G.M.Yunusov. The mosque was closed in 1929 and the minaret was demolished. In 1990 it was returned to the community of believers, and received its present name. From 1990 until 1995, the mosque was restored and rebuilt, including restoration of the minaret in a project developed by the architect R.V.Bilyalov.
Bus: Take number 1, 5, 6, 10, 10a, 23, 31, 54, 56, 71, 72, 74, 74a, or 90 until the stop named Teatr Kamala (Theater Named after Kamal).
Trolleybus: Take number 3, 5, 7, 10 until the stop named Teatr Kamala (Theater Named after Kamal).
74/15 Moskovskaya St. Kazan, Tatarstan, 420021, Russia