The museum reflects the history of the town Tetyushi in documents, photographs, exhibits that include guns dated back to time of Pugachev, a five-barreled percussion pistol, badges of a squire and a mayor from the early 19th century, and some items related to the Orthodox cult from the Trinity Church, built in 1777. There is an isolated collection of materials about the Molostvovs family mansion named Dolgaya Polyana. The museum contains a valuable collection of porcelain and illuminating equipment from the 19th century, as well as paleontological, archaeological, and ethnographic collections. The exhibition shows material about eight Heroes of the Soviet Union, and other famous people, who come from the Tetyushsky district. The museum provides tour services and organizes guided tours entitled To the Small Town of Great History, including a visit to the Long Glade, Tatar, and Chuvash village, and interactive programs featuring folk bands and craftsmen.